Friday, July 1, 2011

On packing.

I consider myself to be an expert packer. For example: this past weekend, I packed:
  1. Three dresses
  2. A pair of pants
  3. Three sets of workout clothes
  4. Two skirts
  5. Two sweaters
  6. A sweatshirt
  7. Four dress shirts
  8. Four pairs of shoes: Two pairs of flats, a pair of heels, and running shoes
  9. Toiletries/underwear/etc
into a carry-on bag. Just one!

Anyways, because I'll be away from home from July 5-15, and because I leave on the 18th for training, I really need to start thinking about packing to live out of a suitcase, a carry-on roller bag, and a tote for the next four months.

I'm slightly overwhelmed.

Today, my goal is to write out my packing list. I need it to be detailed and complete, because I also want it to serve as an inventory for everything I bring along. And because I'll be less able to just run out and purchase something if I forget it, I'm slightly nervous.

What are some things I shouldn't forget but probably will on my own? Any tips and tricks so that I can fit more?

No comments:

Post a Comment