Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Because I was never a runner, until I was.

I run because every mile, even when it is actually kind of miserable, is filled with pure joy.
Joy.
Because there is nothing like doing what you never thought you could do.
Post Springfield 15k: Race #7 in seven weeks.
Because it gives me much needed time with my own thoughts.

Because I was never a runner, until I was.

Because I am not defined by the speed I run or how good I look doing it, but instead by accomplishing what I set out to do.

Not looking good doing it, but still accomplishing marathon #2 in less than five months.
Because it is a passion that has blessed me with the opportunity to be a role model.
My Girls on the Run post Spring 5k.
Because it makes me feel alive.

And, because I really, really, REALLY like carbs.

Happy National Running Day! Why do you run?

No comments:

Post a Comment