Monday, June 18, 2012

Why I love baseball

It's been a few days since I last posted. Sorry about that - I had a busy weekend, between trying stand-up paddleboarding to yoga to running a four mile run with my dad to watching a friend compete in Miss DC. I also missed Fake Food Friday, which I promise to make up for this Friday with a few fake foods I enjoy. Get excited.

Today I'm posting about one of my other passions: baseball. I love baseball more than most girls (and probably most guys), and I've really enjoyed watching this season since my team, the typically terrible Baltimore Orioles, is actually having a pretty decent season. We're finishing above .500 this year - you heard it here first.

Anyways.

On Saturday I was in the gym watching the Nationals (I know. The Orioles weren't playing until later), and this was replayed:



Do yourself a favor and skip to like 1:10. So anyways, there I am on the treadmill, running and grinning like a crazy person watching a team that I don't even like. Why? Because celebrations like this are the reason I love baseball so much.


Because we're not even half way through the season, and teams celebrate wins like they're in the playoffs every day. Because it's the only sport where it's totally okay for grown adults to celebrate like they're little kids. Baseball doesn't lose it's magic as the players get older and better, and that's what makes it so special.

And, just 'cause I can't post about baseball without posting a Baltimore video, here's one more of my favorite grin-on-the-treadmill-in-a-crowded-gym moments - the Orioles knocking the Red Sox out of the playoffs last year. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment