Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New year, first post.

2012 was a weird year.

It was full of moments where I thought the year was never going to end, and full of moments that made me wish it never would.

It was full of firsts: my first marathon, my first trip to the Northwest, my first Miss America Organization title, my first Orioles playoff experience, my first heartbreak.

I lived out of a suitcase, took up boxing and Bikram yoga, coached 18 elementary schoolers, maintained this blog.

I learned the path to happiness is found in making the decision each day to be happy, to let things unfold as they are meant to, and that sometimes, you have to choose to do what is best for you.

Despite a rocky start, 2012 ended up being a year that I will tell my future kids about, and one that taught me a whole lot about myself.

2013 is a year which I hope will be full of friendship, laughter, and continuing to pursue my passions. It is one that I hope will be defined by the impact I make in the lives of others.

Happy New Year, ya’ll. Here’s to new beginnings, new opportunities, and lots of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment