Monday, August 1, 2011

Ready to run.

Okay, so the title is slightly deceptive. I’m not ready to run yet, but I will be!

On October 23rd, the Athens Half Marathon will become the third half marathon I’ve run this year. I ran Disney in early January and then the Marine Corps Historic Half with my dad in May, just two days after I graduated college.

The Disney Half was my first ever, and it was most definitely a turning point in my life.

Running that race gave me this incredible feeling of being able to achieve pretty much anything I set my mind to. Finishing left me feeling unstoppable: if I’m able to run 13.1 miles non-stop, I can do anything. I had that same feeling following the Historic Half in May.

Now, I’m turning to running and to this training to help me keep myself on track and balanced for this year on the road. My training plan begins in mid-August, and I know that having that piece of running that I’ve gotta do four days a week will ensure that I keep my health a priority and give me something to shoot for.

Looking for a new goal? Sign up to run it with me!

It’s amazing how far one can come in a year – last year, at this time, I was on my way back from Fairbanks, Alaska. Now, I’m in Columbus, I’m graduated, and I’m training for both my first real job and my third half marathon of the year.

Crazy.

title: Ready to Run/Dixie Chicks

No comments:

Post a Comment