Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet Home Alabama

102247238_ZbJDXMIm_c

picture: pinterest

Long time no blog! Sorry about that. We’ve been so busy here in Tuscaloosa, trying to recruit a brand new colony of enthusiastic, dynamic, beautiful, and talented new Delta Gammas. How exciting is that?

Things that I love about Tuscaloosa: Chick-Fil-A; This beautiful campus; Meeting women from all over the country; Talking about Delta Gamma; Warm southern weather; Big t-shirts; Coming across all sorts of things that remind me of Athens, GA.

Can we talk about the campus for a second? Seriously. The University of Alabama is so beautiful with the historic brick buildings, scenic quads, and massive Greek houses. Hello, Alpha Tau Omega looks like a library!

Now that we’re about a week and a half into the colonization process, I am finding myself falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and waking up WITHOUT an alarm, by myself, at 7:50. If you know me, you know that I’m the girl who purposely scheduled her classes after 10 am so that I could sleep in on a regular basis, and the one who couldn’t fall asleep at night until nearly 2 am. It’s crazy how a real job can change that!

Despite the turning into an adult, I’m loving being able to share Delta Gamma with women at Alabama, and seeing them develop a passion for the organization that I care so much about. And I know that feeling will only be amplified when we have preference on Saturday and bid day on Sunday.

Roll Tide!

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing you in T-town. I was wondering how waking up early was going. So proud! Can't wait to hear about prefs and bid day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete