Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An update on some goals

Some of you may have checked out my goals page. If you haven't, you should! Anyways, today's post is an update on two of those goals.

Two of them focus on my love for graphic design - a passion I picked up as layout editor for my high school newspaper, and one that I've been able to use throughout college. They are:
  • Take an InDesign and Photoshop class
  • Pursue my passion by starting a small invitation/stationary design business
Earlier this week, I officially enrolled in a design class through Northern Virginia Community College. It's one of six classes I'm interested in taking through NOVA in order to gain more education/experience with graphic design. I start the course in May, and I couldn't be more excited.

I've also started my online portfolio. Right now it only contains a little bit of work, since a lot of my work is saved on a different computer. You should go check it out though, and I'll keep it updated as I take on more projects. Like it says, I'm available to do any freelance work :) The address is: jengilbert.carbonmade.com

I'm in Boulder, Colorado this week, and I absolutely love it. I got to go to the Celestial Seasonings tea factory today, and it was a really neat experience! I think Boulder is really one of the coolest places I've ever visited, and I'm looking forward to another few days here.

No comments:

Post a Comment