Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lunch today included an ENTIRE CUCUMBER.

243968504783990875_cGYEkLmc_c

As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I met with a nutritionist at my boxing gym last week. She explained that after analyzing my body composition, activity level, and fitness goal (competing in Miss Virginia USA in November!), I’d be receiving a personal nutrition plan via email. I spent all day Thursday (the day I was supposed to receive it) refreshing my inbox – I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to receive an email, it felt like Christmas! Finally, on Thursday night I received my plan.

I chose to meet with a nutritionist because I was having trouble eating enough calories worth of healthy, wholesome food to supplement my activity level – I really just had no idea how to do it! Her plan has me eating 1800 calories a day, with the majority of my calories coming from healthy fats and protein. It has me eating clean – lots of veggies, lean protein, oatmeal, etc – through 5-6 meals a day. It is a plan that is sustainable, especially since it comes in this handy Excel spreadsheet that lets me make substitutions if I don’t want to eat whatever is on the plan for the day.

Yesterday I got to go grocery shopping (one of my favorite things to do!), and got everything I’ll need for the next week or two for $50 – thanks to Safeway’s Just For U program, I was able to save over $25!

DSC02754 

What I bought:

Proteins: 3 dozen eggs (cheaper than buying cartons of egg whites!), turkey, tilapia, boneless skinless chicken breast, tuna, plain 0% fat Greek yogurt, walnuts

Grains: (I already had brown rice and quinoa at home) Quick cooking oatmeal, whole grain waffles (not clean, but allowed!)

Produce: Bananas, apples, strawberries, spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, green peppers, frozen broccoli, canned green beans

So today is day two of following her plan, and I’m actually finding it hard to eat everything I’m supposed to be eating. For my second meal today, for example, I had chicken, brown rice, AN ENTIRE CUCUMBER, and walnuts. And that’s just one meal!

I’ll be sure to keep you all updated on how it’s going, and to share any tasty recipes I come up with (be on the lookout for a post about how to not get bored with egg whites).

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment