Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Weekly Workouts

I've alluded to this before but: over the last two months, I've worked out A LOT. I've been lucky in that my part time job affords me the time to be able to be active as much as possible. It's the reason I've shaped up so quickly.

The bottom line is, if you want results quickly, you have to work hard. A lot. And you have to eat enough to fuel all of the exercise you're doing -- this part is the most important.

Anyways, the real point of this post is this: I really need to start planning out my workouts in order to balance all of the activities I like to do. Earlier today, I went to my gym to do an upper body workout and realized I hadn't been there in two weeks! Plus, with marathon training starting, I have to plan all that in as well. I currently have three different memberships (whoops): One to my regular gym where I run and lift weights, one to my Bikram yoga studio, and one to my boxing gym. Sidenote: I joined a boxing gym. Yes, I love it, and yes, it kicks my butt every time I go. I justify all three because they're all for different activities, so dropping one would mean I lost one area of my training.

So Wednesdays are now for planning. And I'm sharing it here so that I can hold myself to following through on each part, and so that you can get an idea of what I'm doing to kick myself into shape. So here's this week:

Thursday:
Morning: Bikram yoga
Afternoon: Kickboxing, Lower body, 3 mile run

Friday:
Morning: Boxing

Saturday:
Morning: Boxing
Afternoon: Bikram Yoga, Upper body, 3 mile run

Sunday:
Morning: Boxing
Afternoon: Bikram Yoga, Lower body, 5 mile run

Monday:
Morning: Bikram yoga
Afternoon: Kickboxing

Tuesday:
Morning: Bikram yoga
Afternoon: Kickboxing, Upper body, 3 mile run

Wednesday:
Morning: Bikram yoga, Boxing
Afternoon: I fly to San Antonio for ANTSO National Miss Nationals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment