Friday, August 3, 2012

I am not ashamed.

I am not ashamed to admit that I spent $9.99 on a jar of nut butter today.

Because if you've ever tried Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter, you know you've been tempted to buy it too.

Justin's is a healthy version of Nutella. Except it tastes way better, and you wouldn't believe that it is also way better for you. The first ingredient in this baby is hazelnuts, followed by almonds. There's a little bit of cane juice to sweeten it up, and obviously cocoa, but I can understand everything on the ingredient list. Compare that to Nutella (which, I will admit is pretty darn tasty), whose first ingredients are sugar and palm oil, and which to eat is an easy choice.

Did I mention that it's delicious? It's like a more substantial, slightly salty, just as hazelnutty-good as Nutella. If you've never tried it, I highly, highly suggest you go buy an individual pack -- they sell them at Target.

I justified the purchase because the amount of joy I will get from this one jar of hazelnut butter will far surpass the amount of joy I would have gotten buying a drink in DC with the $10. Is that weird? I know I'm supposed to be 23-years-old.

Also, the cashier at Whole Foods bought me a BluePrint Juice cold pressed gold pineapple-apple-mint juice to try --apparently this would normally cost me $10 (so obviously, I would never have bought it), so I'm just going to pretend like I paid $5 for the juice and $5 for the nut butter.

What's the most outrageous price you've paid for a food? Was it worth it? And have you tried Justin's?

No comments:

Post a Comment